Julia over at Pain, Pride, and Perseverance came up with a great idea for a weekly post. Called Monday FOOTnotes she'll post a topic and all of us bloggers will post something on that topic then link it up to her post. Then we can all read what each other has to say! I think it's quite brilliant.
The topic for this week is Motivation to Run. What motivates you to get out the door and go for run? I, along with many of you, have several motivations to run.
1. Most importantly is my health, both physically and mentally. I like to feel strong and capable and healthy. And mentally it is time on my own that I can just space out and not think about anything at all. It's a great way to clear my mind.
2. I love to be outside and since I've been running outside, running is even better. I get fresh air, a tan, and a workout in all at once. Three birds, one stone.
3. I like food. If I run, I can eat more food!
4. I like that despite the fact that you didn't win a race, doesn't mean you had a bad run. If I make my goal for a race than I win even though hundreds of people finished the race faster than I did. I still feel like I broke the the finish tape!
Most of all, I just love to run. That is what motivates me the most!
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
I was recently contact by the people at the 13.1 Marathon Series and they kindly provided me with a complimentary entry to the Chicago race this June! In addition, they are giving away a race entry to one of YOU as well!
Chicago 13.1 logo
Coined as "America's Half Marathon Series" the 13.1 Marathon Series is just that, a series of 8 (for 2011) half marathons across America. Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, New York City, Ft Lauderdale, Miami Beach, and Minneapolis are all included this year. (This is the 3rd year in Chicago.) What I really love about the 13.1 series is that they are first timer friendly, meaning the course and the race itself are not intimidating. They are all generally easy courses and none of the 13.1 races take over 10,000 people. The registration limit for Chicago this year is 6,000, which is perfect for the lake front path.
Also included in swag is a free post-race Michelob Ultra beer (obviously if you are over 21 of course), a sweet post race party with the Blues Brothers, and a finisher's medal that is apparently huge and spins. Yeah, spins. In addition, if you complete 2 13.1 races you get a special designed shirt, complete 3 races and you get a special medal. And, if you complete the whole series in 2011, you get free entry into any 13.1 race for LIFE! That's pretty awesome. Maybe next year I'll run the series...especially if you get a free beer afterwards. I love free beer.
Ok, let's get to the fun stuff shall we? Follow the simple instructions below to be entered to win 1 race entry into the 13.1 Chicago 2011 race on June 4, 2011.
1. Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite perk of a race is. (I love when I get a free beer.)
2. If you'd like an extra entry, why don't you follow my blog? Just click the "Follow" button on the right. (If you are already a follower just let me know!)
3. Want another shot? Follow me on Twitter. @Running_Nina (Or let me know if you already do)
4. Finally, add another shot to win by sharing this giveaway with some friends! Tweet about it, post it on Daily Mile, Facebook, wherever. Just let me know what you do and you've got it.
So there ya go, you've got up to 4 entires to win. Make use of them! The contest is open to entries until 11:59pm, Sunday April 17th. I will announce the winner Tuesday, April 19th, so make sure to check back to see if you won!
Sunday, April 3, 2011
We don't have good memories together...actually our only meeting was a few years ago when i had the biggest knot in my right calf. My personal trainer said he'd help roll it out. He got this damn stick and took it to my poor innocent calf. I damn near kicked him off the table it hurt so bad. He had to not only roll my muscle but also hold me down onto the table.
We're hoping to put the past behind us and create good memories...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8